When it comes to eliminating weeds, propane weed torch might be your best friend. There are lots of useful propane torch in the market and you can buy it but that can cost you some bucks. So, it is very obvious that you might want to build your propane torch on your own.
Here is the solution:
Yeah, of course, you can make your own propane torch but you might need some tools to do that.
There are different ways to make your own propane torch and I will show you the two best ways to make it and help you save some money.
Important Note: You should only make your own torch if you have some expertise on this matter and you have the tools need to make it. Therefore, I always recommend you to buy the best propane torch if you have long-term goals with your lawn and garden.
So, let’s talk about the process of making the propane torch. The first best way of making propane torch is given below
Convert Your Backyard Foundry To”Gas Blaster” Propane Torch!
There are some tools that you need before start making your own propane torch…
- 8′ length of 1/4 propane hose
- 3/8″ flare fitting
- 3/8″ flare x 1/4″ 45-degree elbow
- 1/4″ ball valve
- pipe nipple 1/4″
- 1/4″ steel coupling
- Some Teflon tapes
That’s a lot of things, Right! But believe me, you will be amazed by the quality of your propane torch after making it properly.
Now, let’s talk about the process right now. I will try to make the process easy and simple so that you can get the proper idea easily.
First of all, you need to wrap each of the threaded ends with Teflon tapes. So, they will make a real seal when you screw them together in just a minute.
Add the ball valve next, screwing it tightly together the same way, then screw the pipe nipple to the end.
It’s important that the valve handle open towards you, and shuts off the down position.So, double check if you put it on the right way.
Finally, there are more steps that you need to do. It is hard to read but pretty easy if you see the whole process done by someone. So, I am going to bore you with my takings.
Just watch the video to get the full and very best idea of making your first self-made Propane torch.
As I already said there are more ways to make the best propane torch, let’s talk about a very easy way to make your first mini torch.
How to make an EASY MINI TORCH
Though you will make a mini torch which might not help you eliminate the weed, you can use it in for different purposes. Making this mini torch will be a fun work as well.
There is some instrument that you need before you start building your mini torch…
- 50 ml syringe
- 1-2 ml syringe
- Dishwashing sponge
- Simple IV set
- Ready-made burner nozzle
- Patrol or paint remover
- Take a 50ml syringe, push back the plunger and cut it off.
- Then, you will need a regular dishwashing sponge. Let’s cut it to small strip and place it into the syringe.
- Make a small hole near the bottom parts of the syringe for the nozzle of the fish tank aerator.
- Insert the nozzle into the syringe and push the nozzle itself through the hole. Insert the plunger and thoroughly seal the syringe with glue.
- Now, it is time to make the water seal. We will use two syringes to make the water seal, one is a 150-milliliter syringe and another is 1-2 milliliter syringe.
- Let’s cut off the smaller syringe in half and then make a hole for the smaller syringe next to the 50 ml remark.
You are halfway done to make your first mini torch. Watch the video below to get the full idea…
If this article was helpful to you, let us know. Shoot a comment below with any questions or comments or even with any other ideas to make a propane torch on your own.