To make your lawn beautiful and greener, there are several steps that you should take such as mowing, watering, aeration etc. Now, you might be wondering why should I need to aerate my lawn? What is the benefit of doing all that!
Believe me, lawn aeration is one of the processes that you should definitely follow. Aeration is the best thing that you should do to make your lawn green and healthy. You will definitely need best lawn aerator tools in the process of aeration.
Table of Contents
5 reasons why you should aerate your lawn
If you are an average American, your lawn is the highest use area especially if you have kids and pets. As you are using your lawn continuously, it is a must that your grass can get compacted easily. Aeration is a process to make holes in the lawn, mostly 3 inches deep.
The 5 main reasons you should aerate your lawn are…
- Lawn aeration is the best way to make your lawn healthy and greener. Aeration helps turfgrass roots healthy and grow. The truth is lawns with long healthy root below are beautiful, green amazing above.
- Lawn aeration relieves soil compaction which can literally squeeze the life and breath out of your lawn.
- Lawn aeration helps to remove the compaction layer. Compaction layer is as thin as 1/4 of an inch that can block the flow and nutrients and restrict the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen.
- Aeration loosens compacted soil, penetrates patch and open entryways to root zone for water and nutrients to flow.
- And most importantly, aeration helps to enable carbon dioxide to escape from the soil and oxygen to enter allowing plants to breathe.
Watch the video below to get the full idea of the necessity of lawn aeration:
Depending on your grass, the lawn aeration process and timing differs. Now, the question arises that how much it will cost to aerate your lawn?
Here is the answer:
If you do aeration on your own, it will cost lower. The lawn size is also important when it comes to aeration. If you do it on your own, then you will need a lawn aeration tool that will make it easy.
For small size lawn, lawn aerator shoes are pretty enough. A manual lawn aerator is also great for small and medium size lawn. But for big lawns, lawn aerator machine is the only choice.
You can also hire some professional lawn care contractors who have the equipment and know-how. But that will cost a bit higher. You can even rent a lawn aerator to do the seasonal job. But in my opinion, it is always best to have your own lawn aerator.
Now, maybe there is another question that arises in your mind is, how often should you aerate your lawn and when is the best time? Read the article here to get the answer.
If this article was helpful to you, let usa comment below with any questions or comments or even with any other lawn aeration related things in your mind.